Tenants Fees

Where do I start?

The first step is to locate suitable properties and arrange some viewings. Use our ‘Property Search’ to view current availability.

What happens once I’ve seen a property that I like?

It is important that you call us as soon as possible in order to register your interest in a particular property.

We do not charge any admin fees to our tenants in accordance with the new tenant fee ban which comes into effect on 1st June 2019.

What references are required, and what will I need to provide?

References are always required and are obtained through Hazleton Mountford referencing agency. It should be appreciated that no tenancy will be granted until satisfactory references have been received and approved.

Each person relating to the tenancy will be required to fill in a reference form.

Additionally, and depending on your personal circumstances, the following will also be required;


All applicants, including guarantors (where applicable), will be required to provide a current Passport or Birth Certificate in combination with a National Insurance Number and photographic identification which can include a Driving Licence or National Identity Card. Non EU applicants will be required to provide a copy of their Biometric Residence Permit or current Visa, together with their Passport containing a UK immigration stamp. Further referencing requirements are as follows;


Proof of residency, to include one of the following utility bills and no older than 3 months prior to the commencement date of the tenancy:- gas, electric, water, telephone landline bill (not mobile), most recent council tax bill.

Your most recent three months wage slips, or a letter on headed paper from the Personnel/Human Resources Department of your employer confirming your address, start date of your employment and current salary. Please note that this letter must be signed and dated by the Payroll Department or the Financial Director and contain the printed name of the signatory. We cannot accept emails.

A previous landlord’s reference, if applicable (we will obtain this on your behalf).

Self Employed

Identification, 1 & 3 above and a minimum of 3 years filed accounts. If the applicant has been self-employed for less than three years they may require a guarantor and authenticated self-assessment tax calculation forms from HMRC (These are known as SA302 or SA100 forms). Alternatively a letter from your accountant confirming drawings, and start date of the business may prove acceptable.


Identification together with 1, 2.

Monies Payable on or Before Commencement of Tenancy


A security deposit is required which is the equivalent of one month’s rent. If pets are allowed we take an additional £100 deposit which will be held for cleaning when the tenancy ends.

The deposit will be registered with The Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS).


Rent is payable monthly in advance and due by Standing Order on the 1st of each month. If the tenancy start date is anything other than the 1st of a month then the rent will be calculated pro-rata.

Are there any further administration fees payable during my tenancy?

Unlike many of our competitors Liddington Lettings does not charge automatic renewal fees. Therefore, once your tenancy has commenced you need not worry about incurring further administration fees.